Monday, June 21, 2010

BBQ Sauce

Preface:
I like to make condiments like salad dressing and BBQ sauce from scratch cuz it's cheap and easy. We really liked this BBQ Sauce recipe so I thought we'd share it with those we love. I don't want to speak for your pantry, but I think most of the ingredients are pretty common so you can whip it up quick and easy for a Sunday dinner. Ready in about 25 mins.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup ketchup
2 T brown sugar
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T cider vinegar
1 dash tabasco sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp mustard powder (which I didn't have so I used brown mustard)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp dried onion flakes

Mix all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer on low for about 15 minutes (stirring every five minutes or so).

Original recipe found here

No comments:

Post a Comment